Magnesium plays a role in over 300 enzymatic reactions within the body, including the metabolism of food, synthesis of fatty acids and proteins, and the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Boost Exercise Performance.
- Fight Depression.
- Can Lower Blood Pressure.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Benefits.
- Help Prevent Migraines.
We recommend getting an adequate dose of calcium daily from one or more of the following sources:
- Quality supplements
- Sunflower seeds, dry roasted, 1 cup: 512 mg
- Almonds, dry-roasted, 1 cup: 420 mg
- Sesame seeds, roasted whole, 1 ounce: 101 mg
- Spinach, boiled, 1 cup: 78 mg
- Cashews, dry-roasted, 1 ounce: 74 mg
Consult with the experts at Washington Wellness Center to evaluate your nutritional needs including magnesium. Many vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients work synergistically. This means that taking them together brings more benefit for health than consuming them separately.
Always focus on a balanced diet to meet daily requirements for magnesium and use supplements to support your goals.