Smoothies are one of the easiest breakfasts you can make. In order to create a filling smoothie that will help you lose weight, Leslie Langevin, MS, author of The Anti-Inflammatory Kitchen Cookbook suggested this recipe formula:
- 1-cup fruit:berries are the highest in fiber and antioxidants.
- 1-cup milk of choice:If using plant-based milk, try getting one with protein like Silk Protein Milk, Ripple (made with pea protein), or unsweetened soymilk.
- 1 fat of choice:1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon nut butter, 1 to 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, chia seeds, or hemp seeds, or 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds or almond flour.
- Extra protein:1 scoop protein powder; try plant-based for added fiber and nutrients. We recommend: PureLean® Protein Blend Vanilla Bean Flavor 680 g from Pure Encapsulations. (Also available in Chocolate)
- Calories:300 to 400
- Fiber:5 to 10 grams
- Protein:13 to 20 grams
- Carbs:40 to 60 grams
- Healthy fats:10 to 15 grams
- Sugars:36 grams or less
Sticking to this formula will create a satiating smoothie that ensures you get carbs, protein, and healthy fats. The carbs give you energy, the healthy fats and fiber will keep you full longer, and the protein will sustain your energy. To maximize your weight-loss potential, and to increase the protein, healthy fats, and fiber in your recipe, add these ingredients to your smoothies.
Nutritional questions? If you’re looking for nutritional recommendations, trust the experts at Washington Wellness Center. We have years of experience providing nutritional advice for improved health and well being. Call us at 609-426-1700.